The tests will be conducted in two phases at a football stadium selected by the respective technology providers, in consultation with FIFA. Companies have until 3 June 2011 to submit their expression of interest to FIFA via e-mail to: email@example.com. Following this initial process, interested parties will be required to confirm their participation via a formal registration concluding on 7 July 2011.
During the first testing phase (September to December 2011), each individual system will be scrutinised using stringent pass/fail criteria, both during daylight and at night under floodlights.
The criteria are:
- A goal indication to referee’s watch (automatically displayed by vibration and visual signal)
- Signal range (full coverage of the pitch and technical areas)
- Free shots on goal (100% recognition)
- Static accuracy test (minimum 90% correct recognition in this first phase)
- Dynamic accuracy test (minimum 90% correct recognition in this first phase)