Earlier this month, I shared some data about age and cap profiles at #RWC2015.
I was delighted with the response to the open sharing of the data.
I have returned to these data after a couple of weeks following the open, online course #ds101x.
One of the exercises in that course used a box plot to visualise data.
This is a box plot of the caps data for all teams at #RWC2015:
I used BoxPlotR to create the plot.I used green to indicate alternate teams.
In this plot:
- Centre lines show the medians
- Box limits indicate the 25th and 75th percentiles as determined by R software
- Whiskers extend 1.5 times the interquartile range from the 25th and 75th percentiles.
- Outliers are represented by dots.
- The sample points are: n = 33, 31, 32, 32, 33, 31, 32, 32, 32, 31, 31, 32, 31, 31, 32, 32, 31, 31, 31, 34.
The data for each country are:
My .csv file for the plot is here.
These are some violin plot resources created and curated by Daniel Adler. I chose green as my default colour for this plot.
I hope these plots are another useful resource to discuss visualisation of data.