They played twelve games in total: 10 games in the regular season and 2 in finals games.
The team won 9 games (7 regular season, 2 finals games) and drew 3 games.
The end of the regular season 2011-2012 ladder was:
In their twelves games, Canberra United:
- Scored first in eight games
- Had one 0-0 game (v Sydney)
- Were one goal down in three games (Perth Glory, Brisbane Roar, Melbourne Victory)
Canberra United defeated a higher ranked team (2010-2011) in Game 3 (Sydney) and drew with a a higher ranked team (2010-2011) in Game 6 (Brisbane Roar). Both these games were played away from home.
The team was very successful in scoring consecutive goals:
- v Adelaide (three second half goals in 20 minutes)
- v Perth Glory (three second half goals in 16 minutes)
- v Melbourne Victory (two first half goals in 15 minutes)
- v Newcastle (two goals)
- v Brisbane (two goals)
- v Newcastle (two second half goals in 11 minutes)
- v Adelaide (five goals in total, 2 goals in 6 minutes in the first half and 3 goals in 10 minutes in the second half)
- v Brisbane (two first half goals in 7 minutes)
It took Canberra from:
- the 21st minute in the first half until the 64th minute in the second half to equalise against Perth (Game 2)
- the 8th minute in the first half to the 12th minute in the first half to equalise against Brisbane (Game 6)
- the 20th minute in the first half until 81st minute in the second half to equalise against Melbourne Victory (Game 9)