The agenda for this week’s Sports Analytics Conference at the NAB Building in Melbourne has some excellent links for #UCSIA16 students (one of whom, John Young is participating as a panel member).
There are three strands running concurrently.
In the Arena, the presentations include:
- The future of wearables (Catapult)
- Using data to make big decisions (AFL)
- Data science (STATS LLC)
- Case study of Juventus
- Injury risks (Kitman Labs)
- Athlete optimisation (Seattle Storm)
- Athlete tracking (Champion Data)
There are four panels during this strand (the business of sport; talent identification; research; eSports).
In the Hall:
- Facebook sports
- Analytics in sports (SAS)
- Tour de France (Dimension Data)
- America’s Cup (Oracle)
- NBA’s use of data and analytics (KPMG)
- Digital sports experience
There are three panels in this strand (strategic perspectives; media and broadcasting; fan engagement.
In the Boardroom:
- Smart equipment and wearable technology (RMIT)
- Video analysis (Hudl)
- Building an innovation system (NZ)
- Artificial intelligence (AIS)
- Visualising data (Tableau)
- Australian Sport Technology Network showcase
- Rugby league Origin data
- Fan engagement
- Health analytics in cricket (BUPA)
Docklands – Melbourne, Australia (UltraView Admin, CC BY-SA 2.0)