By chance I saw a copy on Monday’s Daily Telegraph.
Page 56 reported on Neil Cordy’s day in the Coaches’ Box at a Greater Western Sydney game against Hawthorn.
Neil’s story was illustrated with two pictures that identified the off-field support for on-field performance.
Photograph 1 showed the people on the Bench
- GPS analyst Nick Walsh
- Sports scientist John Quinn
- Physiotherapist Leroy Lobo
- Dr Tom Gan
- Player Nick Hayes
- Head trainer John McEniry
- Physiotherapist Tim Parham
- Runner two Lachlan Wilmot
- Development coach Brett Hand.
Photograph 2 was of staff in the Coaches’ Box
These two pictures encouraged me to think further about:
- Cognitive load
- Enterprise computing
- Knowledge discovery in databases
- Learning organisations
as central issues for high performance environments. These thoughts are very timely in a week when I am preparing a proposal for an athlete management system. RFP Athlete Management System
Ross Marsden, Daily Telegraph