The Computer Science in Sport Conference (Special Emphasis:Football) started at Schloss Dagstuhl this morning.
Martin Lames is coordinating the Conference.
There is a list of participants here.
The first session was an introduction to Dagstuhl and to the Conference program.
Themes of the Conference include:
- Robocup (chaired by Sven Behnke)
- Dynamical Systems (chaired by Jurgen Perl)
- Coaching (chaired by Stuart Morgan)
- Football and Media (chaired by Daniel Link)
All these will take place in the context of the wonderful social environment of Dagstuhl and a number of unmeetings.
(A note about unmeetings (via Jay Cross):
New approaches create meetings that people enjoy, often organized in scant time, at minimal cost. Unconferences are characterized by:
- No keynote speaker or designated expert
- Breakthrough thinking born of diversity
- Having fun dealing with serious subjects
- Emergent self-organization
- Genuine community, intimacy and respect)