St George’s Park is set in 330 acres of landscaped parkland and is the training base for the 24 England football teams. Facilities here include:
- 11 full size outdoor pitches
- One elite DESSO training pitch which is an exact replica of Wembley
- A full-sized indoor football pitch equipped with a viewing gallery for up to 200 people
- A 60mx40m multipurpose indoor sports hall
- Medical and sports science facilities
- 2 hotels
I have arrived eight days after the official opening by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
I am staying in the Hilton Hotel on the site.
I am sharing my bedroom with Trevor Francis
and David Beckham
I like the use of photographs around the Hotel and saw this picture taken at Bisham Abbey.
I have been following developments at St George’s Park for a decade. It is an experience being here and already I have been thinking about the space and place issues that have been a particular interest for me in the last two years. I thought in particular about Boot Rooms.