iSportConnect carried a story today about the use of goal-line technology in football.
The story indicates that:
- England’s friendly against Belgium at Wembley on 2 June will be used to test the Hawk-Eye goal-line technology system.
- Independent testers from the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology and representatives from FIFA will monitor the system.
- It will not be available for use by the match officials on 2 June.
- The Hawk-Eye system was tested in a English minor league cup final between Eastleigh and AFC Totton in April.
- An alternative system, GoalRef, has undergone trials at two Danish league matches this month.
- The International Football Association Board will consider reports from these trials to consider the introduction of goal-line technology at its special meeting in July.