A year ago I was transfixed by the New York Times’ Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek.
Other newsgraphics in the series are:
- Halfpipe (Bedel Saget, Graham Roberts, and Catherine Spangler)
- Luge (Mika Gröndahl, Joe Ward, and Alexandra Garcia)
- Short Track (Alexandra Garcia, Mika Gröndahl, Graham Roberts, and Joe Ward)
- Ski Jumping (Joe Ward, Mika Gröndahl, Graham Roberts, and Alexandra Garcia)
- Slopestyle (Mike Bostock, Bedel Saget, and Catherine Spangler)
I am very attracted to these newsgraphics and the teams that produce them. I am particularly interested in how they change our perception.
I am keen to learn more about how these resources cue our attention and trigger learning (as well as aesthetic delight).
If you would like to learn more about the New York Times and Interactive Storytelling you might find this article of interest.
Giant Slalom (Frame Grab, New York Times)