I have managed to see the final episode of The Voice, Australia.
I have watched all of the 2013 series.
Whilst I have found the competitors’ stories compelling, I have been following the program to watch four coaches in action.
I thought the final episode offered great insights into 1:1 coaching.
1. Recognising exceptional ability.
2. Listening to life stories.
3. Developing trust.
4. Providing space to flourish and grow.
5. Being open to learning as a coach.
6. Partnership in performance.
I thought it very apposite that Harrison’s new single was called Unconditional.
At the end of the program, I was left thinking about coaching as a vocation. I liked the idea that four very different coaches took four very different performers on a journey that transformed all their lives.
Screen Grabs from The Voice, Australia