The Group games have concluded at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. This is the outcome of the qualification process:
|Group||Team||Group Position||FIFA Rank
|Games Won||Goals Scored||Yellow Cards|
Amongst the many observations possible with the vast amount of information available from the World Cup are:
- Korea, Ghana, and Japan qualified ahead of higher FIFA ranked teams in their groups. Each of them had a low number of yellow cards compared to their group opponents.
- France, Serbia, Cameroon and Italy played below their FIFA ranking and did not qualify.
- There were eleven games where a lower ranked team beat a higher ranked team. Spain and Germany were the only teams to lose to lower ranked teams and qualify.
- In 37 games the higher FIFA ranked team did not lose.
- There were 101 goals in the 48 qualifying games. Spain scored the 100th goal in game 47.
- Six games ended in 0-0 draws.
- In games where a goal was scored 40 of the 42 games resulted in the team that scored first not losing. The two exceptions, Nigeria and Cameroon, did not qualify for the next stage of the tournament.